Tasks include accurate data entry of customer and patient data, using the newest CAD/CAM dental technology and occasional use of small dental tools to fabricate dental solutions for our doctors and patients. Candidate have to be detail oriented, enjoy working with their hands, and thrive in a fast paced environment. Dental experience a plus however we offer a paid training program for the right person. If you want to make a difference in people's lives, value a casual work environment, excellent benefits and the opportunity for career growth, this is the job for you!
Specific Responsibilities, Essential Functions and Duties:
- Learns basic tooth morphology and anatomy.
- Learns to fabricate and repair dental prosthesis and dental appliances such as crowns and bridges, inlay/onlay, veneers, and implant restorations.
- Learns to read and interpret dental prescriptions.
- Familiarises self with wide range of materials, such as metal (precious, non-precious, gold) or not metal materials (porcelain, composite, acrylic, polyurethane, co-polyester, thermo plastic) and their use in fabricating dental restorations.
- Learns and practices restoring natural teeth and correcting dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Familiarises self with names and functions of various types of hand tools and equipment (electric drills, presses, lathes, high-heat furnaces, etc.).
- Practices using various types of hand tools and equipment (electric drills, trimmers, high-heat furnaces, etc.).
- Fabricates and repairs dental prosthesis/dental appliances such as crown and bridge, inlay/onlay, veneers and implant restorations.
- Restores natural teeth and corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Makes models of mouth and teeth from impressions taken by dentist.
- Polishes and finishes appliance to ensure smoothness and fit.
- Applies stains and glazes to restorations to create natural look.
- Utilises and conserves supplies and equipment by efficiently completing plaster casting, die trimming, sandblasting, and CAD/CAM techniques.
- Required to strive for a total team working relationship
- Must make progress towards personal development goals
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and maintain an organised and cleanly bench
- Recognise and report problem cases or cases that need additional prep work